How to Place a Media Item on Reserve
- Use our online form or email your requests for reserves to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal copies of media (DVDs, VHS tapes, music scores, etc.) may be placed on reserve.
- Personal copies must be dropped off at the Access Services Desk and a Reserve List/ Personal Copy Release Form signed.
- Please label personal materials with your name and course number.
- Gitenstein Library cannot accept materials recorded off the air, or copied or compiled DVDs, without the written permission of the copyright owner.
Streaming Audio Reserves
- Streaming Audio Reserves (SAR) are available for TCNJ classes requiring library audio reserves, and will be made available through Canvas for the length of the course. Only faculty and students in the class will have access to SAR.
- All material placed on SAR must be owned by the TCNJ library and in the collection at the time of processing. Please plan ahead and allow time for new items to be ordered, received and processed. No personal copies of recordings will be digitized for online audio reserves.
- All SAR material will be uploaded in individual tracks. Due to copyright and fair use restrictions, anthologies cannot be digitized. The CD that is digitized will also be placed on Reserve.
- Please allow two weeks for processing.
- Requests for Streaming Audio Reserves can be made using the Media Reserve Request forms above.